“Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes”. ~Hugh Prather
It’s been a while since I’ve done a KUWK so today I want to share my 33 week pregnancy update with you. Let’s just say, its been a rocky time and here’s what I’ve learned and experienced thus far.
1. Self-care has always been important, but even more so when your body is now developing a baby. Here’s just a couple of things that I do to make sure I’m taking care of myself and my little one:
- Taking time to relax with a cup of Yogi Mother To Be Tea and a book.
- Once a week I take a bath with a few drops of lavender essential oil and a cup of epsom salt. This helps me to get a good nights sleep and relaxes my aching muscles.
- Play classical children’s music to my belly.
- Taking some take away from work.
- Other times I just literally sit in a quiet space and reflect.
2. Remember Vivian Green’s ‘Emotional Rollercoaster” song? Emotional rollercoaster definitely describes my life. One day I feel like Beyoncé the next day I feel like Britney circa 2007. I had something very life changing happen to me last month that affected my emotions even more but that’s a different story for a different day that I’ll share when I’m ready.
3. We’re our own worst critic. My first trimester was definitely less than desirable. Constant fatigue, mood swings, etc. Then came my second trimester where life got back to normal. Now I’m in the final stretch and I literally feel unattractive in every way. To get rid of the negative thoughts I’ve been writing little reminder notes to myself to let me know that I’m beautiful in every way.
4. I already have an 8 year old son, but for some strange reason I’m petrified of having a new baby boy join our crew. I constantly wonder; “How will I love this new baby when it’s just been Cash and I for so long?”, “What happens if I start to like the new baby more than Cash?”. There’s just so many concerns I have so if you have more than one child I’d loved to hear your perspective!
5. Baby shopping isn’t what it was 8/9 years ago. I literally feel like a first time Mom all over again! I don’t know what I’m shopping for and things seem to be 3 times more expensive this time around.
I know I haven’t been posting much on the blog, but considering big life changes are happening soon I’ve been taking more time to prepare for the baby, care for myself, spend time with family and keep my businesses on track. The great part is, I’ll be having baby boy just in time to slay for Fall and I'll be back to posting more consistently. Thanks for reading and share your pregnancy experience or any advice below :).
~Styled By Kaiye